Click here for printable instructions
SRI Sealers have been specially formulated to produce beautiful finishes over any type of decorative concrete. They have been tested for years in the real world and have stood up to the test of time. SRI Sealers are solvent based acrylic resins that do not yellow from UV exposure. They can be used inside or out, over hard troweled, broom finished, stamped, spray textured or any other type of concrete.
Use a standard floor wax over sealed surfaces to keep their finish in a pristine state.
CAUTION: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE
SRI CLEAR ACRYLIC SOLVENT SEALER
SRI Clear Acrylic Solvent Based Sealers are specially formulated and specifically designed for sealing and protecting all types of plain, colored and decorative concrete surfaces. SRI Clear Acrylic Solvent Based Sealers are non-yellowing, non-styrenated sealers that are resistant to oil, greases, gasoline, deicing salts, ultra violet rays, wet and dry abrasion and many household chemicals. They contain specially formulated resins and solvents that are designed for maximum penetration into the concrete surface for extended durability and wear resistance.
- Seals all concrete surfaces, providing glossy appearance, easy maintenance.
- Non-yellowing under ultra violet exposure.
- Resistant to mold, mildew and many other organic stain products.
- Helps minimize spalling of exterior concrete.
- Can be coated with high grade commercial wax.
- Can be applied to concrete as soon as it sets.
- Properly cures and hardens new concrete for improved abrasion resistance.
- Deep penetration increases abrasion and wear resistance.
- Stained Concrete Surfaces
- Stamped Concrete Surfaces
- Concrete Overlays
- Spray Deck Knock Down
- Swimming Pools
- Integral Colored Concrete Overlays
- Exterior and Interior Surfaces
- Ornamental Pre-cast Concrete
- Concrete Masonry Units
Surface Preparation: New concrete surfaces must be completely dry, clean and free from curing agents, paint or any other compounds which would prevent penetration of the sealer into the concrete surface. Pressure washing and acid etching is recommended prior to sealing plain concrete surfaces. For sealing stamped concrete, refer to the stamped overlayment application instructions.
Application: Sealer should be applied by ¼ inch nap solvent resistant roller, lambswool applicator, hand held sprayer, or by an airless industrial sprayer. Apply in a thin consistent layer and do not allow sealer to puddle in low areas. Apply first coat and allow to dry thoroughly before applying the second coat. For maximum performance, twelve (12) hours between coats is recommended. When sealing hard troweled, dense concrete surfaces, SRI Clear Acrylic Solvent Based Sealer may be thinned for the first coat to increase penetration.
Clean Up: Tools and equipment should be cleaned with xylene.
Chemical resistance to strong reagents after twenty-four (24) hours of exposure was determined on 1 mil dry films that had been cast on glass plates.
|Motor Oil||No Effect|
|Transmission Fluid||No Effect|
|Brake Fluid||No Effect|
|Liquid Detergent||No Effect|
|Hydrochloric Acid (5%)||No Effect|
|Sulfuric Acid (5%)||No Effect|
|Sulfuric Acid (Concentrated)||Severe Softening|
|Aqueous Ammonia (30%)||No Effect|
Coverage Over Plain Concrete: @ 2 coats 500-600 square feet per 5 gallons.
Over Sprayed Deck: @ 2 coats 400-500 square feet per 5 gallons.
SRI Clear Acrylic Solvent Based Sealers are packaged in 55 gallon (208 liter) drums and 5 gallon (18.9 liter) pails.
- EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE-Remove all ignition sources (cigarettes, pilot lights, heaters, etc)
- Concrete surface must be above 40o F during application and drying time.
- Always use in adequately ventilated areas or use respirator during indoor applications.
- Do not apply over damp surfaces.
- Do not apply over water based sealers.
- Do not use on wood surfaces.
- Do not use on areas vulnerable to solvent attack.
SPECIFICATIONS and PRODUCT COMPLIANCE
Conforms to ASTM C-309, Type 1, Class B. Meets or exceeds applicable Federal Standard TT-C555B, HUD approved.